Updated: October 31, 2014 by Rick Scully
There may be a time when you are in the studio and a rebroadcast program that follows yours will require your intervention to make it run, so it is always a good idea to be familiar with the the schedule, especially the programs that come before and after yours.
It is most likely that if your help is needed you will be alerted in advance by the Tech team or the station manager/board president (currently Todd Tyson). The instructions below are on how to manually start a program that has been recorded and is scheduled to be rebroadcast in the time slot.
- Check the schedule on the station’s website and find the program immediately following yours. In this example we will be looking for “4th Branch.”
- In the left side panel of iTunes, look for the program you identified in Step 1 above. If you do not see a list of program names as it is in the example image below, click the arrow to the left of the “Automated Playlists” folder to expand it.
- In the left side panel click once on the name of the program to be played, which will highlight it (See green arrow labeled 1 in example below).
- In the right panel, double-click on the program’s name (see green arrow labeled 2) which will start the playing of the program.
- Make sure the program is playing.
- Send an email to email@example.com to alert them of what you did.